We know the struggle, your camera roll is ram packed with thousands of perfect pet pictures, so how can you possibly pick the right one? That’s a great question, here are 6 super simple steps to ensure your custom pet canvas is the best it can be.
- Make sure the picture is taken outside or in a well lit room!
- Get up close and pawsonal! This doesn’t mean right in their face, but make sure their face and neck are included.
- Make sure your pet is looking directly at the camera. You can have your pet in other positions, just keep in mind that this will be the position in the final portrait, for best results make sure it is head on.
- Use a high quality camera, the better the quality the more realistic your final portrait will be. The majority of smartphones are great, so don’t worry if you don’t have an expensive, fancy camera!
- Try to avoid pictures with excessive filters on, this can dilute the quality of your final portrait!
- Ensure the fur in the picture is not affected by bad lighting, we can only use whatever picture you provide us. So if a picture depicts a different colour to your pet in real life there is nothing we can do about it, make sure the lighting is accurate!
If you’re still struggling, have a look through our shedload of 5 star reviews to get a better idea of what makes the perfect portrait!
If you’re really stumped on which one to choose, shoot our amazing support team a quick email and we’ll help you step by step to choosing the perfect snap!
Please note: We use the exact photo you upload with your order, during our artwork creation process. So make sure that the angle works well with your chosen portrait template, that the fur color is true to real life, and that you are overall happy with the photo you upload. We do try to adhere to any notes added to orders but cannot guarantee it. For example, we can indeed remove red eye, but we can't make your pet's mouth open, if it is closed in the photo.
If we receive a photo that doesn't follow our guidelines, we cannot guarantee that the final edit will come out as you want it to. We cannot offer replacements in these cases, so take your time to take a good photo.
Note that all examples on site were made from high quality photos. It's your responsibility to make sure the photo you provide meets our guidelines. If it doesn't we will try our best to produce a high level finish but generally your result will not match that shown on our website.
While we do try to review all photos we receive, sometimes our order volume demands that we increase product production levels and therefore this stage is often skipped. That's why it's so important that you provide a photo that is of a high quality.